There are probably tens and hundreds of different pool cue cases available in the market today. The fact that people have options doesn’t help the shopping cause because many of the pool cue cases sold these days are utter crap.
In other words, the product bombardment makes it more complicated and time-consuming to pick the right product. As voiced by a host of pool cue case shoppers, it’s not easy to differentiate the best cue cases from all the junk out there.
Having examined the concerns of all the pool cue case shoppers out there, we have compiled a list of the best pool cue cases available nowadays. So, keep your eyes peeled on these pool cue cases.
|1||GSE Games and Sports Expert Pool Cue Case|
|2||CUESOUL Soocoo Series Pool Cue Case|
|3||2×2 Hard Pool Cue Stick Carrying Case|
|4||Outlaw 3×5 Nexus Vinyl Pool Cue Case|
|5||Cuppa 2X2 Pool Cue Tube Carrying Case|
|6||PiKu 3×4 Pool Cue Carry Case|
|7||Hard Oval Pool Cue Carrying Case|
|8||2B4S Hard Pool Cue Carrying Case|
|9||Gator Champion Sport Series Cue Case|
|10||Casemaster Q-Vault Supreme Pool Cue Case|
- 10 Of The Best Pool Cue Cases Reviewed
- 1. GSE Games and Sports Expert 1×1 Hard Pool Cue Case – Editor’s Choice
- 2. CUESOUL Soocoo Series 2×4/2×2 Hard Pool Cue Case – Runner-up
- 3. 2×2 Hard Pool Cue Billiard Stick Carrying Case – Most Popular
- 4. Outlaw 3×5 Nexus Vinyl Pool Cue Case – Best Premium
- 5. Cuppa 2X2 Billiards Pool Cue Tube Carrying Case – Most Stylish
- 6. PiKu 3×4 Pool Cue Carry Case – Best Mid-Priced
- 7. Hard Oval Pool Cue Carrying Case – Budget Friendly
- 8. 2B4S Hard Pool Cue Carrying Case – Great Value
- 9. Gator Champion Sport Co Sport Series Universal Cue Case – For Professionals
- 10. Casemaster Q-Vault Supreme Pool Cue Hard Case – Most Affordable
- Buying Guide: What to Look for in A Pool Cue Case
- Final Thoughts
10 Of The Best Pool Cue Cases Reviewed
1. GSE Games and Sports Expert 1×1 Hard Pool Cue Case – Editor’s Choice
This pool cue case has a lot going for it. The product not only sells well, but it also compares favorably with other high-priced pool cue cases out there. As echoed by previous shoppers, the quality of the case is too good for the money spent on it. In fact, the price to performance value on this case is unmatched, which should explain why it has received the least number of negative reviews.
The GSE Games and Sports Expert Cue Case features two dedicated slots to accommodate the cues. For those who don’t know, it bears a vinyl covering, a material known for its sturdiness. The shell part is hard. But then, the interior bears a soft material to provide a safe and snug-fitting home to your prized cues. The case also has extra pockets to help you carry miscellaneous stuff.
Furthermore, the case comes with sturdy shoulder straps that help a lot with transportation. The straps are adjustable, meaning that you will receive adequate support while on the move. Also, the stuff inside the case doesn’t move around a lot. Given all the features, it’s easy to tell that the makers didn’t keep the profit margin high on this pool cue case.
- It can conveniently hold one bull and one shaft. The most important thing is that this carrying case can fit into everyone’s budget.
- The zippers on this case slide very well even after months of use.
- The quality is several times better than other affordable pool cue cases sold these days.
- There’s nothing to dislike about this carrying case, especially for the price it’s sold for.
2. CUESOUL Soocoo Series 2×4/2×2 Hard Pool Cue Case – Runner-up
This is a well-made pool cue case from Cuesoul that can keep your cue sticks safe from damages when they are not in use. The manufacturer states that the case has all the thumbs-up features you would ideally need in a carrying case of this nature, which is actually true.
As marketed, the case zips easily, it looks great, and the material doesn’t have any cheapness to it. The best part is that the case offers adequate storage space to accommodate all the cues and accessories that go inside of it. Additionally, the case features adjustable shoulder straps for added convenience.
According to past shoppers, the case is also delivered promptly with no dents or damage whatsoever. To top it all, the case holds up well to regular use, which means that your investment in this pool cue case will go a long way. Basically, you won’t regret getting this cue case. It definitely has all the value-for-money characteristics to it.
- This case can easily house four cue shafts and two cue butt. Better still, the case is sold in (seven) different colors.
- The case looks stylish enough to be 100% smitten by it. Given the looks, it’s the first thing onlookers might notice on you.
- It is thicker than expected. At the same time, the case doesn’t weigh a lot.
- The hard (plastic) interior does a great job of preventing the cues and accessories from rattling around.
- The length of the shoulder strap isn’t ideal for bigger people. They may find it a tad bit short for their needs.
3. 2×2 Hard Pool Cue Billiard Stick Carrying Case – Most Popular
This pool cue case sells like hot pancakes because it excels in its area of use. As marketed, the quality of the product is definitely ‘better’ than normal for a cue case sold at its price point. So, you can totally trust this case to protect your cues. Believe it or not, many of the previous users would happily re-purchase this carrying case whenever the opportunity presents itself.
Functionality-wise, it’s right there. The case can hold the same number of shafts and cues (2×2), which is exactly what most pool cue case shoppers look for.
Moreover, the holes on this case are a bit wider on purpose, allowing a user to slide the cues inside the case without any struggle. The best part is that the cues don’t move around on the inside.
Walking into a pool hall with such as beautiful case will also fetch you a lot of compliments on any given day. Not to mention that the product’s quality is good enough to stand up to non-gentle use.
The case will last longer with proper care. Given the overall quality of this carrying case, it can be considered by both recreational and serious players.
- The included storage pockets have a perfect size to them to fit a chalk box, glove, bridge piece, and other accessories along the same lines.
- As marketed, the shoulder straps are adjustable. Plus, the case is not bulkier/heavier to carry around.
- Because of its flat shape, this case also leans nicely against a wall.
- The only time a person will be disappointed with this carrying case is when he/she orders a different color by mistake.
4. Outlaw 3×5 Nexus Vinyl Pool Cue Case – Best Premium
The Outlaw 3 x 5 Nexus Vinyl Pool Cue Case is a premium product that can improve your views on pool cue cases. Seriously, this cue case oozes quality from top to bottom. Of course, it costs a bomb too because of the superior quality. So, it may not suit everyone’s budget. For those who can afford to spend a good chunk of money on protecting their cues, this cue case should be a no-brainer choice.
Sold in tan brown color, this case from Outlaw has a vinyl construction to it. As advertised, it’s capable of housing three butts and five shafts at the same time.
Unlike other cases, the openings for the butts are not tight, which makes it remarkably easy to slide or remove the butts from the case. It’s also completely solid from the inside.
Additionally, the case has two external pockets that are large enough to hold extra accessories. Basically, it offers enough storage space to hold all the essentials without any fuss.
Plus, it bears nice shoulder straps for ease of carrying. The product literally has very little scope for improvement. In short, it’s quite well-designed from all aspects of use.
- The material and workmanship of this cue case are second to none. The case will last for years.
- It is spacious enough to hold up to a 30-inch butt or shaft.
- The spring-loaded tubes inside this cue carrying case provide easy access to the cues.
- Although it’s not uncomfortable to carry, the shoulder straps are non-adjustable, which seems like a surprising design flaw for a top-notch case of this quality.
5. Cuppa 2X2 Billiards Pool Cue Tube Carrying Case – Most Stylish
This is a very well-made pool cue case that doesn’t lack quality control. It looks great, it functions as expected, and it holds up well to frequent use. It seems that the product engineers have spent countless hours behind the scenes to make this cue case capable of being a people-pleasing product. In short, the Billiards Pool Cue Tube Carrying Case shines in its area of use.
The case is well-designed to hold two pool sticks. Plus, it has many small compartments to store additional items. The case is made from PU leather and not real leather, which explains why it doesn’t cost a fortune. That said, it does smell and feels like genuine leather. This is to say that you are getting a real leather-equivalent carrying case without having to cough up a lot of money.
Not to mention that the case arrives with some nice add-ons, such as a glove, some chalk, and a personalized thank you note. It also comes within the one-week shipping window. Upon unboxing, there’s a good chance you will fall for the looks of this product. It’s differently attractive, in its own way.
- The cue case features two handy pockets that provide ample storage room for accessories.
- Should this thing drop accidentally, the case has springs on the bottom to prevent the cue from getting damaged.
- Unlike other similar products, the craftsmanship and attention to detail are not lost to keep the price of this cue case reasonable.
- The feet on the case could have been better designed. It fails to keep the cue case upright.
6. PiKu 3×4 Pool Cue Carry Case – Best Mid-Priced
This is a mid-priced pool cue case that does a respectable job of protecting the content inside of it. Unlike its peers, the PiKu Pool Cue Carry Case has a large storage capacity. The cue case can easily protect three butts and four shafts, all at once. This case also has additional pockets that can be used to store miscellaneous items such as cell phones, car keys, and other small accessories.
Even though the case doesn’t cost a lot, the padding on the inside is remarkably good. Constructed from nylon and PU, there’s no way this carrying case will fail to do its job. The material is robust enough to provide solid protection to your cue sticks for many years to come. Even the zipper on this case is strong enough to prevent spills.
Carrying this PiKu case feels immensely better, too, because of its multi-purpose design. It’s smartly engineered to be carried as hand luggage or like a backpack. Also, the anti-slip design of this case prevents it from moving at the time of loading or unloading, which is worthy to be praised.
- This pool cue case has soft foam on the inside to keep the cues from hitting each other.
- The storage arrangement is admirable. The case truly offers plenty of room to carry a lot of stuff.
- The shoulder straps are non-slippery and adjustable, which keeps the case in its place when you carry it around on your shoulders.
- Unlike other similar cue cases sold these days, this pool cue case can be hung on the wall or any other place you prefer.
- The case is not solid enough to provide sufficient protection to the cue from hard impacts.
- It is sold in only one color (black), which means that you can’t afford to be too choosy.
7. Hard Oval Pool Cue Carrying Case – Budget Friendly
This is a budget-friendly pool cue case that provides effective protection to your cues, preventing them from getting damaged in the process. As marketed, the case can easily accommodate two butts and two shafts inside of it. The outer part is made from leather-like material, and the inside part is made from hard plastic. As you can tell by now, it’s a completely solid piece of cue-storing equipment.
The case is smartly engineered to prevent the butts from rattling inside it, which means that your prized cues will remain safe and protected at all times. Appearance-wise, it’s spot-on as well. The case will get a lot of looks when carried around.
It also has plenty of padding around the shoulder strap area. So, you will love carrying it to different places.
The zippered pouches are the icing on the cake. Another nice thing is that this case is sold in many elegant colors. Past shoppers have commented that they often get asked where they bought the case from.
Of course, the price of the case is also too good to pass it for other comparable products. Identical pool cue cases usually sell for a higher price tag.
- As hinted earlier, the surface leather is waterproof, which means that it’s easy to keep the case clean.
- The case has two storage pockets to hold gloves, chalk tips, and other parts/repair stuff inside of it.
- This carrying case also has adjustable shoulder straps to add convenience to portability.
- The case is solid in bright colors, making it easy to spot the case even in low-light conditions.
- It’s not as light as it appears on the product images. That said, the case is not overly heavy.
8. 2B4S Hard Pool Cue Carrying Case – Great Value
This is one of the very few pool cue cases out there that features a kickstand, which prevents the cue case from dropping on the hard floor or any other surface. Essentially, the stand does its job of keeping the case in an upright position. As far as the storing capacity goes, this cue case can hold two butts and four shafts. The case also has front pockets that are deep and wide in general.
As expected, the material quality is good, and the case has sufficient padding at all the right places to protect the pool sticks. It can fit longer cues as well. Once inside, the pool sticks and accessories won’t move a lot from their place. So, you won’t have to worry about them damaging each other. The shoulder strap of this case is also sufficiently large to fit over most shoulders.
Product features aside, this hard pool cue case looks aesthetically appealing too. It really has a clean and royal look to it. Professional players also consider this pool cue case because of how good it looks and functions. Better yet, the case holds up well to regular use. In conclusion, it’s truly a great buy for its price point.
- The case has one small and one large pocket. Together, they can hold a decent chunk of accessories.
- It has a spring-loaded bottom to save your cue sticks from accidentally hitting a hard surface.
- A fully loaded case can be heavy to carry. So, this product features a top handle as well as a shoulder strap.
- It lacks choices. A serious variety of colors and styles would have drawn more people towards this product.
9. Gator Champion Sport Co Sport Series Universal Cue Case – For Professionals
For professional players, it can’t get any better than the Gator Champion Sport Series Cue Case. Needless to say, casual players can also consider this cue case because it carries a reasonable price tag. So, it won’t let anyone down. For those who don’t abuse their things will be pleased to know that this cue case will look new for long.
Made from leather, it’s is an exceptionally strong and durable case. It’s sturdy from the outside, and it has sufficient cushioning on the inside to nicely safeguard everything stored inside of it. It’s also stitched to perfection. As such, the case can easily house shafts and butts up to 31-inches long. It also has extra space for all the accessories.
Moreover, the cue case features a kickstand, which you don’t often see in other pool cue cases sold in the market. As expected, the stand extends to keep the case in an upright position when needed. Moreover, the carrying case has handles on the side and top to help you with carrying. It weighs around 2.5 kg, which is not too much for a well-made case of its nature.
- This universal pool cue case looks very stylish and attractive in its current color combination.
- The zippers used to open and close the case are of good quality. So, they won’t come off anytime soon.
- The price of this case is very reasonable for the quality.
- By all accounts, there are no big mistakes in this pool cue carrying case to complain about.
10. Casemaster Q-Vault Supreme Pool Cue Hard Case – Most Affordable
As the heading suggests, this is an affordable pool cue case. Needless to say, you can pay more and get an expensive product. But then, the Casemaster Q-Vault Supreme Pool Cue Case is no less than its expensive counterparts. It does a reasonably good job at a low cost.
Unlike other budget-friendly pool cue cases, this case from Casemaster is made from unbelievably strong material. It almost has an unbreakable feel to it, which is to say that it will keep the cues inside of it protected at all costs.
Great material aside, the case is also double-stitched or reinforced better at all the right places to last longer than the competition. Even the quality of the zippers is up to the mark. As advertised, the zippers work well for many years and beyond.
Given the quality, no loose threads will be seen hanging anywhere even after many years of use. Not to mention that the inside guides have a nice size to them to accommodate your cues without any issues. Plus, the case has two large-sized pockets to house extra accessories.
- The case features two separate sleeves to prevent the two cue pieces inside of it from touching each other.
- The case bears a carrying strap, which makes it remarkably easy to travel around with it.
- As hinted earlier, this cue case doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
- Compared to other expensive pool cue cases, this one gets dirty very easily.
Buying Guide: What to Look for in A Pool Cue Case
A well-made pool cue case brings a lot to the table. After all, it does a great job of protecting your valuable cue sticks. But, it’s not easy to zero down on the best pool cue cases that the market has to offer. So, let’s tell you what features or qualities you should look for when shopping for a long-lasting cue case.
1. Hard vs. Soft Case
If you are not concerned about the weight issue, you can consider a hard case because it offers extra protection. Needless to say, a soft case will usually weigh less than a hard case, which means that it will be easier on your shoulders.
However, a soft case won’t be as protective as a hard cue case. So, look at the pros and cons to narrow down your choice. For frequent travelers, a hard case will be a good bet, especially when you don’t want to take any risks. If you don’t travel much, you can go with a soft one.
2. Storage Space
It helps to pay attention to the storage space that the shortlisted cue case offers. Gladly enough, most of the well-made pool cue cases provide ample storage space to store whatever belongings that go with it, eliminating the need to carry a separate case to keep chalks, key chains, wallets, and other accessories.
The quality of the zippers matters a great deal as well. Ideally, the zippers must not stick, snag, or rust. Right off the bat, you won’t be able to tell whether or not the zippers are well-made.
So, take some time to read the product reviews to check what previous shoppers have to say about the zipper’s quality.
3. Easy to Transport
When filled to the brim, a cue case can weigh quite a bit, making it difficult to conveniently travel with it. So, it helps to choose a cue case that features shoulder straps or a handle in between.
A shoulder strap should be a good bet because a case featuring a shoulder strap will meet the demands of hands-free walking.
If there’s no transportation involved, you don’t have to pay attention to this feature. But then, check the waterproof ability of the cue case. It will keep the case protected from liquid spills, which is a common danger associated with a product of this nature.
You owe it to yourself to be faithful to your wallet. Overspending on a product of this nature doesn’t make sense, especially when you can easily get a well-designed pool cue case at a budget price these days. We are not saying that there should be zero extra expense.
But then, you don’t have to stretch your budget too much. If you haven’t noticed yet, the Casemaster Q-Vault Hard Cue Case and the Hard Oval Pool Cue Carrying Case are two great examples of some budget-friendly cue cases that lead by example.
About half the requests we get from people are suggestions for the best pool cue cases available these days. Now, we can safely direct them over here as we have included a bunch of well-made cue cases in this article, which are a cut above the scope.
The fact that you are here, we suggest that you don’t miss out on these cue cases in lieu of other products because these cue cases have no match in their respective price segment.